Wednesday 8 October 2014

“I Am Just Not Interested In RTP Award” – Senior Journalist



It’s about time media people wake up and distant themselves from the continuous abysmal performance from the organizers of RTP. The flaws of the awards are so obvious and one cannot but wonder why respected journalists in Ghana continue to offer themselves for this palpable exploitation by one businessperson. But I guess it’s about time. The recent atrocious performance, AGAIN!!, by RTP awards seems to have stirred some senior journalists to action.  Check out a post by senior journalist and lawyer, Samson Lardy Anyenini, Esq registering his displeasure about RTP.
“Dear RTP Awards organizers,
Thanks, but no thanks. I am aware you put out a publication a month or more ago announcing nominees for 2014 and graciously gave SAMSON LARDY ANYENINI two "best" places. As with the 2013 case, I have not heard from you. Not before or after the selection. But this time I don't intend to go looking for your contact to repeat my 2013 "no thanks" plea. Like I told you last year, I encourage you in this drive to award "best" media people. I am just not interested as a private individual. I am still not aware who constitute your board or panel if you have one, not familiar with the processes and criteria if any, the true purpose, given that people have to SMS at an extra cost and nominees remain almost the same each year. Forgive me but I am very conservative and prefer an independent transparent peer review awards system to these new forms even including those that one is required to file an entry. I have never taken part in such practicing as a journalist for a decade. They are fine and I may try one day. I applaud those who win them also because some winners are often known in advance by the quality of their work and practice. I hope you respect my humble appeal this time so it doesn't get "too far to delete your (my) names", often spelt wrongly. I have informed the station that employs my services not to make or endorse any ads soliciting votes for me. I wish all nominees the very best. Signed.”


No comments:

Post a Comment